Ballintaggart church (KE053-033001-) (site of) and old burial ground (KE053-033002-) /An Cheallúnach or An Lisín:
This circular enclosure crowns the summit of a low, but prominent, hillock between Dingle Harbour and Trabeg.
Nine ogham stones have been collected from various locations (not precisely located) in the vicinity of the site and are now arranged in a circle within the enclosure.
The inscription on this boulder, 98cm long, clearly reads: DOVETI MAQQI CATTINI. (Cuppage 1986, no. 820, no. 6)
This stone has been studied as part of the ‘Ogham in 3D’ project undertaken by the School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies.
To access details go to the following website: https://ogham.celt.dias.ie/search.php?ciic=157
Compiled by: Nora White Date of upload: 24 October 2016
* 1. Cuppage, J. 1986 Corca Dhuibhne. Dingle Peninsula archaeological survey. Ballyferriter. Oidhreacht Chorca Dhuibhne.
* 2. Devane, C. 2001 An ogam-inscribed stone in Ballintaggart. Peritia 15, 369-72.
* 3. Macalister, R.A.S. 1945 Corpus inscriptionum insularum celticarum. Dublin. Stationery Office.
* 4. McManus, D. 1997 A guide to ogam. Maynooth: Monographs 4. Maynooth. An Sagart.