Baile an Ístínigh

Monument Type
When first discovered in 1790, this ogham stone stood upright in the middle of Ballineesteenig village (Pelham 1804, 185). It was later broken in two, and the pieces served various purposes around the farm prior to their removal to Burnham House (Coláiste Íde, see KE053-012009-), where they remain today. It is a long rounded boulder, 1.98m long and 1m in circumference.