Baile na Hunta

A cross-inscribed ogham stone (see KE045-008002-), now attached to the gable end of a farmhouse, was found in a trench or drain close to the location marked on the OS maps (OSNB Ballinvoher, 3); this was c. 20 to 30m SE of its present position. Windele (1848, 390) recorded the tradition that it originally came from near a well 'up the mountain east of Ballynahunt' (KE045-008001-).