'The graveyard and site of the medieval parish church of Ballinvoher lie about a mile NE of Anascaul, on a gentle S facing slope at the west end of the low ridge that extends W from Flemingstown mountain. The church was in use in 1622...but was demolished in the early 19th century and the rubble utilised in the construction of tombs... An earlier origin for the site is suggested by the presence within the graveyard of 2 ogham stones. There is, however, no trace of any earlier enclosure'.
Cuppage et al/1986, 336:
'An Early Christian church site [Kilcolman (Cill na gColmán)] lying on the S slopes of an E-W spur of Lateevemore, overlooking Ventry Harbour.
It consists of a circular enclosure within which are the reputed site of a church, the foundations of a least two huts and a number of graves and gravemarkers which probably relate to the use of the site, until the 19th century, as a calluragh burial ground (OSNB Marhin, 14).
Also within the site are a cross-inscribed ogham stone, a small cross inscribed stone, a holed stone and 3 bullaun stones.
There are no longer any visible remains of the parish church of Kinard/Teampall Chinn Aird (KE053-053001-) in the rectangular graveyard (KE053-053004-) known as Cinn Aird an Teampaill.
The presence of two ogham stones (see also CIIC 189) and a bullaun stone at the site suggests that it is probably an early ecclesiastical site.
The Early Christian and Medieval ecclesiastical complex at Kilmalkedar (KE042-026----) lies at the foot of the W slopes of Reenconnell hill, overlooking Smerwick Harbour (Cuppage et al/1986, 308). The Reenconnell ridge peaks at 907 feet/276m to NE of the site and the area around Kilmalkedar is sheltered on its N and S sides by spurs of this hill.
A roughly D-shaped or sub-oval enclosure within which are the remains of an oratory and a rectangular hut, a cross-inscribed ogham stone and a bullaun stone' (Cuppage 1986, 302). The cross-inscribed ogham stone is 'standing in a pile of quartz rubble to the east of the ruined oratory' (Okasha and Forsyth 2001, 161)
This ogham stone (1.83m, converted from Macalister 1945) was 'found by Hitchcock in the inner chamber of a souterrain (KE046-022001-, in a large rath KE046-022----) in which it formed one of the roofing stones; afterwards moved to a site in front of the police barrack (now a farmhouse, see KE046-031----) on the townland of Keel' (Macalister 1945, 244, no. 250).