One of three medieval graveslabs in the graveyard to the E of the church (KE043-224005-). This record is for the Mullins slab which is dated 1695.
This slab now stands erect on the E side of the Lord Ventry sepulchral tomb. Trapezoidal in shape it bears the clearly legible inscription:
HERE LYETH THE/BODY OF: FREDER/ICK MULLINS:SON/ AND:HEIRE: OF/FREDERICK.MUL/LINS: OF BURN/HAM: ESQUIR:W/HO:DECEASED/THE:22:DAY:OF/OCTOBER:AN/NO:DOM:1695/AND:THE:31/OF:HIS AGE.
The above description is derived from J. Cuppage et al., 'Archaeological Survey of the Dingle Peninsula.' (Oidhreacht Chorca Duibhne, 1986)
Date of upload: 13 January 2012