Mullins' Slab

Mullins' Slab

One of three medieval graveslabs in the graveyard to the E of the church (KE043-224005-). This record is for the Mullins slab which is dated 1695.

This slab now stands erect on the E side of the Lord Ventry sepulchral tomb. Trapezoidal in shape it bears the clearly legible inscription:

HERE LYETH THE/BODY OF: FREDER/ICK MULLINS:SON/ AND:HEIRE: OF/FREDERICK.MUL/LINS: OF BURN/HAM: ESQUIR:W/HO:DECEASED/THE:22:DAY:OF/OCTOBER:AN/NO:DOM:1695/AND:THE:31/OF:HIS AGE.

The above description is derived from J. Cuppage et al., 'Archaeological Survey of the Dingle Peninsula.' (Oidhreacht Chorca Duibhne, 1986)

Date of upload: 13 January 2012

Mullins' Slab

 

Add new comment

Restricted HTML

  • Allowed HTML tags: <a href hreflang> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote cite> <code> <ul type> <ol start type> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <h2 id> <h3 id> <h4 id> <h5 id> <h6 id>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.