An Riasc J
Calluragh burial ground/An Cheallnúach:
KE042-060001- is located about 1.25km E of the village of Ballyferriter on approximately the highest point in the townland with a good view to the N over Smerwick Harbour.
Stone J , a rough sandstone slab, broken across the top, was found within structure E. It is decorated on one face with what is probably the stem of a large expansional cross as found on the cross on Skellig Michael (de Paor 1958, pi.7). It has now been re-erected on the site. L: .83m. W: .52m.
The above description is derived from J. Cuppage, ‘Corca Dhuibhne. Dingle Peninsula archaeological survey. Ballyferriter. Oidhreacht Chorca Dhuibhne’ (1986), no. 874.