The navigation menu at the top of the page is designed to help you find a particular monument or group of monuments.
Use the Monuments in Corca Dhuibhne feature:
Search by monument type:
- Click Monuments in Corca Dhuibhne at the top of the page
- Hover over the type of monument, then the Parish and then click the Townland
- Sometimes a Townland will contain more than one monument and you’ll need to hover to the next level to reach your desired monument.
Monuments in Other Areas are those outside of Corca Dhuibhne.
We have processed a few monuments off the peninsula when asked by others for our help. These monuments are found in this section.
Use the Lists feature:
Search by SMR
- Hover over Lists at the top of the page, then click on SMR
- A list of SMR will show and you can choose your object by clicking on it.
- Click on the name of the monument to see the images and data.
- Search by Recorder, Townland, Monument Type by following the steps for the SMR search.
The Monument page:
This page shows an image of the monument with data about the monument and a link to the 3D model.
The 3D Model can be viewed in situ or expanded to full screen for more detail.
There is a link to Google Maps. The left panel shows a named teardrop which brings you to the Google Maps application. You can click on the right turn arrow in the red header to access the directions to the location of the monument.
Each monument page has a sidebar to the left with clickable categories for that monument. These links will produce a list of all monuments for that particular Category.
Comments and suggestions are welcome.