The stone has been at Reask since at least June 1838 when Windele drew and examined it, describing it as at 'Riesk about a quarter of a Mile SE of Ballinrannig ... He returned there in September 1848 .. When du Noyer examined and drew the stone in 1866, he described it at 'Valluragh Burial Ground 1 mile East of Ballyferriter Dingle', and 'on Dingle Road' .. Macalister stated that the stone had been moved to University College Cork (Macalister/1949, 97), but, as Fanning pointed out, Macalister had confused this stone with one of the other, uniscribed, stones from Reask'.
'The back and sides are plain but the face is decorated with a full-length cross. This takes the form of a cross-of-arcs enclosed in a circle. In each angle of the arms a stem terminates in a double loop and tails, like a stylised ribbon bow. The cross stands on a linear shaft joined to the lower arm with a pair of inwardly disposed scrolls. The shaft terminates in a pelta and is further embellished by an irregularly shaped frame which incorporates three pairs of inwardly disposed scrolls'.