Originally from the monastic site at An Riasc, this stone, ‘Stone E’ in the Riasc excavation report (T. Fanning, PRIA 81C No. 3, 1981), had been removed to Adare Manor c. 1855 and is currently on display in Músaem Chorca Dhuibhne (www.westkerrymuseum.com).Monument
It is a thin rectangular sandstone slab decorated, on one face
only, with a Greek cross with widely expanded head and arms
and a plain stem. Two crosslets were carved in the upper angles.
A number of multi-strand designs (fret and interlaced patterns) had been carved as a palimpsest over the original cross designs. Length: 0.87m, width: 0.59m and thickness: 0.05m. Information from J. Cuppage et al., 1986, Archaeological Survey of the Dingle Peninsula, Oidhreacht Chorca Dhuibhne, Ballyferriter, p. 342.