As it was uncertain whether there were any marks on this stone which could be classed as 'rock art', it was decided to create a model of the stone. As can be seen, although full of lines, none of the marks on this stone could be described as ancient rock art.
Two prostrate stones lie within 50m of a pair of standing stones (KE043-213----) and within 20m of a tall standing stone (KE043-215----), on gently sloping pastureland on the N side of Dingle Harbour. The W stone measures 3.25m x 1.4m x .5m thick and bears no markings. The 2nd stone measures 4.2m x 1.25m x .6m thick. On its sloping E face the decoration, with the exception of a single cup-and-circle, is confined to the broad N end.
In August 1982, during land development work, 2 boulders, both with cup-and-circle motifs, were discovered under about .2m of soil in a fairly level field on the E side of the valley that extends NE from Dingle Town. Both have now been placed against the S field boundary.
This ogham stone was the first to be recorded in this country. An account of it is included in a manuscript note by Edward Lhwyd dating to about 1702-7 (Brash 1879, 173). At that time the stone stood upright in a field near the strand at Trabeg. By the early 19th century it lay on the adjacent shore, washed by the high tide (OSNB Dingle, 46).